Rules and Information (Please Read!)
- At this moment, there is approximately a three week waiting list for letters to be posted.
- If you send me a letter complaining that I spelled ‘Peeta’ wrong (Pita), I will personally come and punch you in a necessary-to-function internal organ of your choice. It’s a pun for the bread jokes.
- I can’t make letters that are too long. I don’t want to impose a hard character limit, but try to keep it around four or five lines at the very most. Less is more. Otherwise I will either reject it or be forced to break it up into several parts or rewrite it.
- Don’t make up names for characters who don’t have them in the books. Work around using the name, if you can. I don’t like having too much fanon getting into the letters.
- Try not to be too profane. I’m not going to post letters that say ‘Dear President Coin, you should go fuck yourself you slutty whore.’ Yes I have gotten letters like that before.
- Please don’t just quote the books! A few catchphrases might get through, like ‘sugarcube’, ‘that is mahogany’, or ‘do you find this distracting?’, but odds are, I’ve already made them. If you make a joke about it or revolving around it, that’s totally okay, though ;)
- Don’t send me messages saying I should change the blog name. I don’t want to be lettersfrompanem, I like lettersfromtributes.
- Also don’t send me letters saying I should change my theme
because I don’t know how and all the themes I’ve looked at on tumblr are ugly
- Also please don’t tell me to change my letter design.
- Don’t ask if you can be an admin - when I need admins, I’ll put up an application.
- I don’t post every letter I get. Please don’t yell at me or say that I hate you just because I haven’t (or if I haven’t gotten to your letter yet.)
- If something is someone else’s intellectual property, please let me know politely. Only about 15% of the letters are my brainchildren, and I can’t moderate to make sure all of the letters are original. Just ask pooolitelyyyy and provide proof, and I’ll take it down.
Just remember, we’re all here to have fun and pay our respect to a beautiful series!